Surftech’s Pantera, a Dane Hantz shape, is a board that generates serious speed with its low-forward rocker.
The Pantera features a unique low-forward rocker, neutral balance volume due to the EPS/PU, Pop-Flex Stringers creating effortless paddle and generating speed like no other. The Pantera provides a solid platform for driving off the tail while giving snaps and gouges a powerful feel.
What “The Surfboard Guide” Says:
It’s got a fair amount of carbon, feels on the thinner side and an unconventional rail shape. More on that in the review by the guys from “The Surfboard Guide” (simply click the picture below):
“Dane Hantz from Vulcan is a dichotomy. Creative and regimented. Thick-skinned and sensitive. His board designs are whimsical in concept and yet precisely engineered. His old-school work ethic and stringent business practices have developed a core following of customers, while his embrace of technology, social influencers (i.e. @boardporn) and photography has exposed his designs to a worldwide audience.” Mixcloud.com
What Surftech says: “It’s hard not to like the performance of a hipped squash, they just work. Match that with our unique low-forward rocker + neutral balance volume and you have a thruster that’s not just absurdly predictable but paddles and generates speed at will. A generous block gives the Pantera a solid platform for driving off the tail while giving snaps and gouges a powerful feel. Recommended as a thruster ONLY.”
What Coastalwatch says: “Surftech have been the leaders in Epoxy boards for a long time. This board includes EPS foam through the middle with normal PU rails, a combination of two blanks. EPS foam in the middle of the board means better paddle power and more lively movements. This board is a powerful, high-performance summer board.”
Surftech Pantera Dual-Core
Fusion Dual Core
Custom Finish, epoxy core with a carbon flex tail, at an affordable price point
– Secure cell EPS Core
– 6 + 4 oz deck (Fish & Hybrid)
– 6 + 6 oz deck (Fun & longboards)
– 6 + 4 oz + 4 oz patch bottom
– Carbon Flex Tail
– Bio epoxy resin
– Twin tab finbox x 3 (Fish, Hybrid, Funboard) 2+1 Fin configuration (Longboard)
Durability, value and performance – the go-to board for any recreational surfer.
– Exclusive HDT molding technology delivers highly accurate shape reproduction with dynamic flex characteristics.
– EPS SecureCell core is wrapped in lightweight fiberglass and molded creating a durable shell.
– Eco-friendly bio-resin is a game-changer.
Our high-end eco-friendly technology. Superior performance boards, made from coconut husks. Amazingly light, yet strong!
– NSP uses raw coconut husk fibers from naturally sustainable plantations with eco-friendly bio-resin.
– Visually unique board with an unmatched strength to weight ratio.
– Light to carry, easy to maneuver and even lighter to paddle.
– Responsive flex and strength gives confidence to push your limits in the conditions.
Amazingly light, yet strong, high end eco-friendly performance boards featuring natural Flax rails.
In 2019, NSP introduces uni-directional (UD) Flax fiber rails to our already eco-friendly Cocomat series. Flax is a highly durable reinforced fiber made from the flax seed plant and will help to reduce the use of fiberglass, in turn, reducing our overall carbon footprint.
• Natural Flax fiber rail and tail patch
• Visually unique board with an unmatched strength to weight ratio.
• Light to carry, easy to maneuver and even lighter to paddle. Responsive flex and strength gives confidence to
push your limits in the conditions.
A classy handmade board using heritage construction techniques with modern deep gloss color tints.
– Traditional custom shaped polyurethane (PU) core combined with wood stringer.
– Proven designs from master shaper Kym Thompson.
– Highest quality materials finished with a super deep gloss for a custom board finish.
P2 technology focuses on safety first and ease of teaching.
– The P2 core is NSP’s SecureCell EPS, fully glassed in a durable fiber epoxy shell with eco-friendly bio-resin.
– Finished with a soft-top deck with protected rails and slick PE bottom.
– All P2 Soft boards are fitted with high end accessories for safety and ease of use.
– Rubber bumpers on nose and tail and neoprene handles on selected models for instructor board control.
– P2 series offers a proven return on investment for surf school/rental operators worldwide.
– P2 boards come with Bolt Through fins.
Unrivalled strength and high durability.
– Ultimate choice for rental centers with proven return on investment.
– Deploys extremely tough military grade fibers and ASA sheet creating a ballistic skin on deck and bottom.
– EPS SecureCell core and eco-friendly bio-resin.
Injection Tech is a patented precision-engineered torsion control system designed to optimise surfboard performance.
Injection Tech utilises the pressures and forces from the surfer and the wave itself, elastic energy. By strategically engineering the position of the reinforcing material on the bottom of the board, we create less resistance to torsional flex, allowing the board to flow through turns with a more drawn out turning arch.
The continuous length of reinforcing material is injected through the core of the board, from the bottom through to the deck, to increase drive, torque and pop in the tail region, much like the tail fin of a dolphin or tuna, generating speed and power.
The complete rail of an Injection Tech is kept free of any reinforcing elements to ensure a smooth even flex from nose to tail. This load and release flex works in unison with the rail to rail transition of the surfer generating speed and drive, different again to the Carbon Wrap technology
Designed and patented by HaydenShapes founder Hayden Cox, FutureFlex is an affluent mix of modern custom designed materials and modern design innovation for high performance surfing. The construction combines a stringer-less, high-density custom shaped EPS core laminated with biaxial fiberglass, epoxy resin and a parabolic carbon fiber frame.
The carbon fiber frame within the laminate is the key to the performance vitality of the overall product. Designed to maximize speed and drive while minimizing twist, FutureFlex essentially stores and releases energy as the surfer transitions through a turn. Tom Carroll, who was the very first person, after Hayden, to test drive the first ever FutureFlex, describes the tech as “the Ferrari of surfboards” for it’s fast-twitch nature and lively response. The FutureFlex construction creates a fast, dynamic and highly responsive surfboard that’s been design engineered for performance surfing ranging from the intermediate to advanced level.