The Little Darlin grew out of the extremely popular “Cheater“, in the search for more high-performance without loss of paddle power.
This Gerry Lopez shape is a sweet, quick, easy-riding board that can take it to the juice with confidence, knowing it will catch most any wave and still handle late takeoffs, steep drops, and fast, hollow sections. A single- to double concave gives the Little Darlin’ speed and holding power when the juice comes down.
Shape & origins of the Gerry Lopez Little Darlin
The Gerry Lopez Little Darlin comes in several colors, always decked out with the classic lightning bolt design hugging the rails. A gorgeous piece of iconic surfing equipment that looks incredible both in- and out of the water.
“Surftech and I have just developed a line of my boards that I’m pleased to say are, by far, the best surfboards I’ve ever had. We took the Pocket Rocket, the Little Darlin’ and our “Something Fishy” models to begin with and have come up with some really good looking boards that also ride exactly like they’re supposed to. Take a look at our lineup, I think you’ll like what you see.”
“More recently, on a couple of nice days at K38, I had the opportunity to ride the 5-10 Something Fishy as well as the 6-8 Little Darlin’. I really loved them both.”
“With the multiple size ranges for each model, there is definitely something for everyone. Let me talk about the construction of these boards because, quite literally, I was blown away. The gloss and polish finish is top shelf, eye-pleasing and seldom seen in our new world of disposable everything. The overall board weight is very light for the durability and strength I found. I rode that Pocket Rocket very hard and kept checking the deck daily for heel dents. I surf with heavy feet because, generally speaking, all my personal boards get the decks smashed especially by my back foot. In the end, after at least 25-30 sessions, I scraped the wax off my red 6-10 and was shocked to find not even one dent. Amazing and, for me, a first!”
“The FCS II fin box setup make popping the fins in and out a breeze. The Pocket Rocket and Little Darlin’ come with 5 boxes, however, you’ll have to get your own fins. Sorry but the board does not come with fins. I’d recommend the 5-fin FCS II package so you can try both the quad and thruster options. I was surprised at the difference I experienced with my Pocket Rocket in Indo trying it both ways…fin options are good to have. Something Fishy has a quad 4-box setup. I’ve tried it as a twinnie with big fins and as a smaller fin quad with good success so there are options here as well.”
“And finally and so you know how I feel, I am very, very particular and unforgiving about shape…I tolerate no discrepancies. I’m glad to say, all sizes of all models are extremely accurate and exactly like what I would have, had I personally hand shaped each board. I would have to qualify that further by saying..definitely better than what I could do on an ongoing basis with the number of boards being produced… every single one is perfect. I can’t shape that much for that long… I have to go surfing in between.”
*Fins Not Included
Gerry Lopez Little Darlin
Custom Finish, epoxy core with a carbon flex tail, at an affordable price point
– Secure cell EPS Core
– 6 + 4 oz deck (Fish & Hybrid)
– 6 + 6 oz deck (Fun & longboards)
– 6 + 4 oz + 4 oz patch bottom
– Carbon Flex Tail
– Bio epoxy resin
– Twin tab finbox x 3 (Fish, Hybrid, Funboard) 2+1 Fin configuration (Longboard)
Durability, value and performance – the go-to board for any recreational surfer.
– Exclusive HDT molding technology delivers highly accurate shape reproduction with dynamic flex characteristics.
– EPS SecureCell core is wrapped in lightweight fiberglass and molded creating a durable shell.
– Eco-friendly bio-resin is a game-changer.
Our high-end eco-friendly technology. Superior performance boards, made from coconut husks. Amazingly light, yet strong!
– NSP uses raw coconut husk fibers from naturally sustainable plantations with eco-friendly bio-resin.
– Visually unique board with an unmatched strength to weight ratio.
– Light to carry, easy to maneuver and even lighter to paddle.
– Responsive flex and strength gives confidence to push your limits in the conditions.
Amazingly light, yet strong, high end eco-friendly performance boards featuring natural Flax rails.
In 2019, NSP introduces uni-directional (UD) Flax fiber rails to our already eco-friendly Cocomat series. Flax is a highly durable reinforced fiber made from the flax seed plant and will help to reduce the use of fiberglass, in turn, reducing our overall carbon footprint.
• Natural Flax fiber rail and tail patch
• Visually unique board with an unmatched strength to weight ratio.
• Light to carry, easy to maneuver and even lighter to paddle. Responsive flex and strength gives confidence to
push your limits in the conditions.
A classy handmade board using heritage construction techniques with modern deep gloss color tints.
– Traditional custom shaped polyurethane (PU) core combined with wood stringer.
– Proven designs from master shaper Kym Thompson.
– Highest quality materials finished with a super deep gloss for a custom board finish.
P2 technology focuses on safety first and ease of teaching.
– The P2 core is NSP’s SecureCell EPS, fully glassed in a durable fiber epoxy shell with eco-friendly bio-resin.
– Finished with a soft-top deck with protected rails and slick PE bottom.
– All P2 Soft boards are fitted with high end accessories for safety and ease of use.
– Rubber bumpers on nose and tail and neoprene handles on selected models for instructor board control.
– P2 series offers a proven return on investment for surf school/rental operators worldwide.
– P2 boards come with Bolt Through fins.
Unrivalled strength and high durability.
– Ultimate choice for rental centers with proven return on investment.
– Deploys extremely tough military grade fibers and ASA sheet creating a ballistic skin on deck and bottom.
– EPS SecureCell core and eco-friendly bio-resin.
Injection Tech is a patented precision-engineered torsion control system designed to optimise surfboard performance.
Injection Tech utilises the pressures and forces from the surfer and the wave itself, elastic energy. By strategically engineering the position of the reinforcing material on the bottom of the board, we create less resistance to torsional flex, allowing the board to flow through turns with a more drawn out turning arch.
The continuous length of reinforcing material is injected through the core of the board, from the bottom through to the deck, to increase drive, torque and pop in the tail region, much like the tail fin of a dolphin or tuna, generating speed and power.
The complete rail of an Injection Tech is kept free of any reinforcing elements to ensure a smooth even flex from nose to tail. This load and release flex works in unison with the rail to rail transition of the surfer generating speed and drive, different again to the Carbon Wrap technology
Designed and patented by HaydenShapes founder Hayden Cox, FutureFlex is an affluent mix of modern custom designed materials and modern design innovation for high performance surfing. The construction combines a stringer-less, high-density custom shaped EPS core laminated with biaxial fiberglass, epoxy resin and a parabolic carbon fiber frame.
The carbon fiber frame within the laminate is the key to the performance vitality of the overall product. Designed to maximize speed and drive while minimizing twist, FutureFlex essentially stores and releases energy as the surfer transitions through a turn. Tom Carroll, who was the very first person, after Hayden, to test drive the first ever FutureFlex, describes the tech as “the Ferrari of surfboards” for it’s fast-twitch nature and lively response. The FutureFlex construction creates a fast, dynamic and highly responsive surfboard that’s been design engineered for performance surfing ranging from the intermediate to advanced level.